- Languages spoken:
- About me:
- I am Consultant Rheumatologist at the Medcare orthopedic and spine hospital, Aster hospital and Aster medical center .I started my Rheumatology practice 13 years before.
I did my Post Doctoral training (DM) in Rheumatology from Madras Medical College which is one of the reputed institutions in India. I graduated(MBBS) in 1995 followed by post graduation in internal medicine (MD) between 1996 and 1999.
I worked as Assistant professor in Internal Medicine before my Rheumatology training.
After completion of my rheumatology training I joined the Department of rheumatology &Internal medicine, Royal Hospital, Muscat.Subsequently I worked as full time consultant at Global health city, Part time consultant at Fortis Chennai and Sri Ramachandra medical college hospital .
- Board certification:
- Specialty Certificate in Rheumatology,Federation of Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom &The British Society of Rheumatology(2015)
DM (Rheumatology )2008
- DM(Doctorate in Medicine) (Rheumatology )Equivalent to Ph.D. or fellowship program-Government General Hospital, Madras Medical College, Madras, India, affiliated to The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai, India
MD (Master’s Degree in Internal medicine)-Equivalent to the Residency program-The Rajaji Govt. Hospital. Madurai Medical college. Madurai.The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University. INDIA
M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)(including one year internship)-Kottayam Medical college, Mahatma Gandhi university,Kottayam, Kerala. India
- Areas interest:
- • Inflammatory arthritis - rheumatoid arthritis, seronegative arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
• Connective tissue disease-systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE),vasculitis, scleroderma and Raynauds disease, polymyositis and Sjogren’s syndrome
• Osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
• Ultrasound guided treatments.
• Biologics in the management of Rheumatic diseases.